Ladies, if you are entering the Enterprise Vision Awards the first step is to make an impact on the application form. We have compiled our top ten tips to help you;
- Upload a colour photograph, preferably a professional head shot where you are smiling. We are naturally drawn to pictures and it may be the first thing to catch the judge’s eye.
- You are given 1000 characters in each written section, utilize this. If you have taken time to consider your answers it will show.
- Review your entry. You are able to log in and make changes to your application form. So, after completion re-visit it at a later date in case you have forgotten something.
- Check your spelling. Spelling mistakes stick out like a sore thumb! We all have access to spell check so take a minute to check and amend your spelling.
- Use your personality in the grammar and wording you choose, so that the judges get a feel for you as an individual.
- Ask a colleague or friend to review your application and to critique it for you.
- Complete all the contact information correctly and don’t leave any blank, if successful we will need to get in touch with you.
- Using a video can bring your application to life. Whether this is a professional shoot or recorded on a smart phone it shows effort and gives your application a voice.
- Increase your chance of getting through by entering more than one category. You only need to complete one application form.
- Include a testimonial from a client, stating their name and the date it was received. Recommendations are always a top way to sell yourself.
Wishing you the best of luck!
The EVA Team